Facility Operations Manager Description
The Facilities Operations Manager is responsible for the overall maintenance management and care of assigned communities within your division/region. This role will monitor preventative maintenance programs and repair building systems and equipment. This position will train, oversee and manage maintenance technicians from multiple locations and assure all required maintenance is being completed.
- Ensures that preventative maintenance programs are followed
- Schedule, performs and assigns completion of work order requests within a timely manner.
- Monitor and schedule staff or vendor contracted services for grounds upkeep and maintenance
- Monitors and performs basic repairs to HVAC, security, safety, electrical and plumbing equipment.
- Respond to customer needs in a timely and courteous manner
- Cooperate with team members of all levels to assure completion of required tasks
- Maintain current knowledge in regulations and requirements related to maintenance
- Test and maintain all emergency systems and equipment. Have knowledge of water and gas meter cutoffs, all apartment and fixture cutoffs, sewer clean-outs and post maps of same, as appropriate.
- Perform carpentry work, such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves, sanding and refurnishing floors.
- Periodically inspect all units, building, and common areas, performing repairs, as needed.
- Interpret company policies to personnel and enforce safety regulations.
- Oversee direct reports of maintenance team located at multiple locations.
- Additional duties as determined by the COO.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Ability to follow directions/requests and provide direction to direct reports.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to perform basic repair and maintenance duties.
- Ability to consistently follow safe work practices and use proper body mechanics.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the corporate structure, prioritize and handle numerous competing demands in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively in independent settings
- Ability to adapt to situations with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience is preferred
- Previous Health Care experience is preferred
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods.
- Ability to bend and stoop.
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account